Friday, May 30, 2008

Certified Idiots


A) FUCK YEAH! I agree with the central thesis.

B) Last night, I called out a neighbor for being a certified idiot. My friends Ian and Heather are visiting, they happen to be of the darker persuasion. We decided to sit in the hot tub after running. While attending to the dog I overheard a lady ask them, "From your behaviour, it looks like you two don't live here." An educated person will quickly recognize that this is passive racism. What types of behavior would would one exhibit to live in my neighborhood? Or conversely, it was not like Ian and Heather were stealing hub caps or gardening.

I walked over and laid into her, "That's really rude and fucked up of you."

She replied tersely, "Do you live here? What unit? I've never seen you before."

I replied with my unit number and street. I asked her where she lived. She only gave me her unit number. I pressed her on what street she lives on. I recognized her street and dropped the Del Mar bomb.

"Oh, you live on this side of the street, we live on the other side."

I let the statement hang uncomfortably between us. She apologized for her fucked up behavior.

That was the end of the conversation. My complex is divided in half: one half lives on the bluff overlooking the ocean while the other half lives close to a noisy road (and likely rent instead of own). The price differential between the two halves is substantial. We live on the bluff side.

I hate to floss, but it was appropriate in this context.

I wanted to ask if she rented or owned, I'll ask next time.

PS. It must be tough to live with four sets of tits. What a fat fuck.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Sounds like she would fit in at Queen's University. One Halloween, some dumb undergrad skank dressed up as Miss. Ethiopia. She dressed in blackface, rags and had a paperbag to collect food.