Friday, May 29, 2009

Pluvial silliness.


A recent topic of conversation concerned the "Asian ladder." Admittedly, I have never heard of it explained this way. The argument is framed as such: Asian worth can be traded like currency by marrying a "preferred" Asian race. The rationale is intellectually lazy and dishonest and, frankly, racist in a Suzy Wong way. The notion of trading Asian status currency is silly. The ladder assumes a national inferiority complex mixed with Darwinian mumbo jumbo. I would not surprised if the ladder was a WASP invention, after all they are kooky.

I suspect my pigment challenged friend heard it from his moon-faced Korean friend (who's opinions are moot since she was adopted by an American family, is Suzy Wong and loathes her own race). As an aside, check out this shining example of an adopted Korean. Perhaps my friend heard it from his brother's fraternity brothers (his WHITE brother joined an ASIAN frat).

As you can tell from the picture above, my favorite guy disagrees with the notion of an Asian ladder. His thought bubble says it all.

4 comments:

Single finger salute! said...

You can tell him yourself when you visit.

Heidi said...

Oh, CR......

Heidi said...

Is my ethnic value decreased because I'm dating a white boy?

Single finger salute! said...

According to CR, I think your worth went up because he is Jewish.