Friday, April 13, 2007

Tales from the Library

I think the dominant gene of curmudgeon-ness that runs in our family has finally blossomed in me. I've been in the law library studying for exams since last week and nothing enrages me more than undergrads in the law library. They need to get the hell out of the graduate students' libraries; it's exam time and we need a quiet place to study and there are a limited number of tables and chairs. The corollary should be that students that actually belong to the faculty should have priority.

Furthermore, why are there undergrads in the law library to begin with? Are they vying for bragging rights? "Oh my gosh, I'm so studious that I study with the law students." And what kind of losers out there would actually be impressed by that? Or is it simply the case that these jailbaits are hoping desperately to land a law student so that they can become tacky trophy wives? I have to say, if that is the case, they need to put a little more thought into their wardrobe. Their "sexily tousled" hairdos and "seductive and come-hither" make-up make them like eastern European streetwalkers.

3 comments:

Single finger salute! said...

While they are taking a steady break, drop a steaming turd on their books.

Heidi said...

No. I'm settling for stealing their textbooks and selling them in order to earn extra shopping money.

Little Thingies said...

I think the real question is, what are you doing studying in the law library? I'm a worker, but you don't see me doing any work.