Thursday, July 12, 2007

More Verbatim

Today's little golden nugget from Number 1's secretary.

She gave me an assignment of doing another land transaction summary today and I have to admit that I like doing them since they keep me busy when Numbers 1-3 get caught up in their own work and forget to give me work to do. After she gave me the documents she looked at me and said in a conspiratorial whisper:

Remember, you're not doing this for me, you're doing this for [the company].

Spectacular, non? It's like she's trying to indoctrinate me. I'm trying to figure out if I have a put-out look on my face when she gives me these things to do, but I'm pretty sure that I don't. I make sure to always have a smile affixed to my face while in the office (life is just easier at the office with a smile instead of a sour expression) and I've perfected my work laugh (yes, just like that episode of Friends) so that it doesn't come off disingenuous or condescending.

By the way, I highly recommend having a work laugh. It's a perfect filler for when co-workers say something astounding/irrelevant/not funny/all of the above.

7 comments:

Single finger salute! said...

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA ......

ConnieS said...

okay SFS.. I think you're going to need some *work laugh* practice here. Heids, show him how its done!

Single finger salute! said...

Ahem ... BWAH HA HA HA HA HA ....

Heidi said...

Work laughs are supposed to sound genuine...

Single finger salute! said...

Tee hee hee....

Heidi said...

Much better.

Little Thingies said...

I'm gone for a couple weeks, and suddenly you all turn into a bunch of fairies?