Wednesday, July 04, 2007

My Puss-Filled Scabby Knee

This spite-filled post goes out to Sock Monkeys 1 and 3 since "girly" posts are deemed unacceptable.

I had softball last night and the following are the highlights:

  • I caught a fly ball! I celebrated by jumping up and down with joy since this was a very rare occurrence.

  • I missed catching the ball at home plate thus allowing the other team to score a run.

  • The bases were loaded when it was one of my turns to bat, I struck out.

  • I scored two runs! Funny story, on the second run the base coach messed me up and so I tried making a break for home. But the catcher caught the ball and had his eye on me so I had to run back to third base.
    • I tripped running back to the base and got a a nasty gash right below my knee
    • I went to work today with a Winne the Pooh band-aid that I swiped from Z's drawer (sorry, Z!) on my knee. Unfortunately the skin by the gash keeps flexing so it's not scabbing correctly and is consequently filled with puss and is oozing.
    • I bought Curious George band-aids (Z, do you like Curious George? I also saw Spiderman band-aids at the store if you want those instead) at lunch so I will have a delightfully curious monkey following me around at work for the rest of the week.
Update: Hey! My camera can take crisp photos!


6 comments:

Heidi said...

I don't think Dr. Seuss ever wrote a book like that.

Little Thingies said...

Fashionable prints on your band-aids? What did i tell you about talking fashion on this blog? WHAT DID I TELL YOU???

You're using the Samsung camera? How's that treating you?

Heidi said...

All my pictures are out of focus with this camera. I can't get any "crisp" shots.

I'll use Curious George band-aids if I want to!

ConnieS said...

ouch! i personally like those second-skin type of band aids. And then draw a happy face on it with a sharpie. hahaha.

Little Thingies said...

I can't believe you posted pictures of that. ICK! GROSS!!! Why would you post pictures of unshaven legs? ARGGH!!!

Look in focus to me. Are you using the LCD screen to compose your photos? If so, then make sure those green focus squares (or whatever it uses) are covering the part you want in focus.

Heidi said...

That's not razor burn or stubble, you jerk! That's my scraped up leg!