Thursday, March 13, 2008

Cabinets being installed.

The cabinet and assorted bits arrived yesterday. They installed part of the kitchen yesterday, today they are finishing the install. They will come back to install the hardware. We need to decide and order 21 pieces of door pull hardware. At $20/pull, that is not chump change.


Looking at the cabinets makes me so happy that Chad did not build our kitchen. Chad tried to bid the kitchen build. Chad is a fuck-nut amateur. The dovetail on each drawer is a thing of beauty - the joint is completely tight. The cabinet person was able to fix the misaligned doors with minimal interruption of the grain pattern.

Stairs are to be installed Monday/Tuesday. The flooring arrives next week and will "season" for a few days. Carmelo is hard at work finishing the painting. We met with the new carpenter yesterday. Jim's initial impression of him was, "bold," while I viewed him as eccentric and quirky. I imagine this may comes with the territory when the carpenter is a MFA graduate from the Carnegie-Mellon's industrial design program with a minor in sculpture.

Wood-work, doors and staircase handrail details are still being worked out. Other then that, things are moving along. I am getting tired of cooking and eating in the kitchen. I am sure the neighbors are tired of seeing me in my underwear eating breakfast.

No comments: