Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Just for a Day

A quick update:


1) My loaner car is a 2008 SUV, I felt like a Southern Californian just for a day. Immediately, I had this overwhelming desire to vote Republican, shop at Wal-Mart, eat McDonald's, wear flip-flops and a trucker hat, drink Starbuck's coffee and be a fucking dirt-bag rat bastard.



2) House update - Carmelo has been showing up at 6 am every day much to my better half's chagrin. He typically sits quietly for an hour before starting the day's work. Today, Luis helped Carmelo paint. This Luis is different from Big and Little Luis, who applied the dry wall. Carmelo's car is broken so he gets dropped off every morning. Poor guy he has to deal with wifey's ire at the start of his work day. The walls are primed and ready to be painted. The floor has been prepared for the bamboo flooring. Cabinets to be installed tomorrow. I received the staircase tread sample, we are going over final edge details. Slowly getting there. I did manage to effectively let go the carpenter. I meet the new one tomorrow. I was told last week that there is typically one divorce during the build - the spouse, contractor or architect. For me, it was the carpenter.


3) We drove to the desert to look at the wild flowers. Note to self, I hate the fucking desert.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

I'm digging The Spouse's bangs.