Thursday, March 29, 2007

Ding Dong - Sounds from my b-school journey

Goddamn. Over the last 2 months, I've read 6 of these damn sentences...

"Inclusive of your admission interview, your application received the careful consideration of our Admissions Committee. Unfortunately, we are unable to offer you admission to the Class of 2009."

WTF!?!? Here are the dings in order of appearance, Dartmouth, NYU, UMich, Columbia, Cornell and Chicago. HOLY SHIT!!

Now I have to wait another month for Duke and Yale.

I'm depressed.

7 comments:

Single finger salute! said...

If you end up living in Durham I'll get you hooked up with the lacrosse team. Seriously, you will find it really quiet living in Durham or Chapel Hill.

Little Thingies said...

Dude that really sucks. I assumed you would be a really strong candidate going into these schools.

Make your way over here and we can discuss it over at LKF.

Heidi said...

I feel for you, man. I know the pain of getting the "please fuck off" letter. Have a stiff drink and hang in there!

Note: how many degrees do you think our extended family has? 2 per capita?

Single finger salute! said...

I have 4 pieces of paper. Duke gave me a MA degree I never picked up from the registrar's office. Mum will be upset since she loves to hang those funny pieces of paper on her "love me" wall.

The true metric is who has the fewest degrees and is happiest with their job.

Heidi said...

If I had gotten that bachelors in fashion merchandaising, do you think MamaHeidi would've still hung it up on the wall?

Live_From_New_York said...

Dude, Fuqua is pretty nice. There's awesome golf. I think that's the seller.

Single finger salute! said...

Another perk living in the south - Southern Belles. Born and raised to look fine yo! Did I mention the BBQ, grits and biscuits? The food is good, but you are going to get hella fat.

Plus, you get to party with Duke lacrosse. We used to hang out with the baseball and softball teams. They were fun to hang out with.