Wednesday, February 22, 2006

I want my dvd's

Check out this article.

Right on the money. These content owners have taken it too far. I'm a legitimate consumer and I don't know how many times I've been fucked over by these assholes. I buy a laptop in Canada, bring it to HK, suddenly my dvd player can't watch movies I buy over here because of different region encoding. Same story for my PS2. So what am I to do? Of course buy pirated stuff that's free of any encoding.

I buy a new HDTV, if I'm unable to watch movies at the full resolution I paid for because of their retarded digital caps, I'll be plenty pissed off.

Look what they've done to the PS3, they've totally killed it before it even got its chance because they just can't agree on blu-ray content-protection standards.

Luckily I'm in HK, I have no incentive to play by their rules. I have the money to pay for their shit, but I'm the one being punished for it. Too bad, wan chai is just a bus ride away. Buying like 5 games/movies for less than $20 doesn't hurt my bottom line. All the bandwidth in the world means I can get the goods delivered to my computer if I'm too lazy to take a ride.

2 comments:

Single finger salute! said...

DVD's are over-rated. It is all about LASER DISC. Everything sounds better with LASER DISC!

Get it?

I am off to to get tequila with heidi now.

Heidi said...

why oh why did i eat so many chips and guacamole?
but yeah, stick it to the system. i fully support pirated goods, so continue to purchase away to your heart's delight.