Friday, April 07, 2006

Dinner

Last night me and my better half had dinner with C-rap and his lady friend. It was a tasty dinner at Las Olas the local mexican restaurant. I had a grilled fish torta, C-rap had rolled tacos, chixwithknives had a tostada, and the lady friend had baja fish tacos.

Anyways, the highlight of the evening was observing chixwithknives interacting with said lady friend. It was like watching a tooth extraction. Every question was answered by a single word response from C-rap's friend. Even loaded questions were answered with a single word. It was quite entertaining and painful at the same time.

For example the response to the question, "Who did you go to China with?" was answered with, "A group." Hello!!!???? It was like watching an adult talking to a little child. I have seen 12 year olds who had better skillz (i.e., JHR's son). Maybe she was shy, but at the age of 22 I would expect there to be some sort of conversational facilities. Even her body language suggested she was socially stunted. She was like a human Harlow monkey. On the drive home I wondered what those two talked about.

4 comments:

Heidi said...

Maybe you should've ordered a bottle of Irish courage ie. tequila in order to get the conversation started?

Chris said...

Yeah she has an odd personality. I've never seen her in a group setting, hope you guys weren't uncomfortable.

Or from me knocking my knife every five minutes. I do that everywhere though, it had nothing to do with the single Negro Modelo.

And I just realized why you can refer to it as 'Negro' in speech, but not in text.

Single finger salute! said...

It was cool. We found it entertaining.

Yes, the knife thing was a brilliant comedic technique to break the tension. You must of gone to the Chevy Chase school of comedy.

You are such a racist.

Heidi said...

Also, does anyone else feel like eating tacos now?

I wish K-Hole had a Taco Bell.