Monday, March 20, 2006

Battle of the Dishwasher

Today's post will be an opinion poll. I'll tell you guys about my roommate and you guys can tell me if my OCD is too much.

One of my roommates is a perfectly nice girl but she's a slob. This week it was just the two of us in the house since our other two roommates were on Spring Break. I could tell she was putting in an effort to be neater, she would actually put her dishes in the dishwasher right away as opposed to leaving them on the counter or in the sink.

But whenever she loads her dishes she loads them in the most random places. A bowl in the middle of the rack (so that you can't place anything around it), cups where the bowls go (bowls have their own special place because they don't fit neatly anywhere else), etc...

My beef boils down to the fact that it's not an efficient use of space; if you don't stack the dishes properly then you can't maximize the number of dishes you can fit in and will then have dishes leftover that you'll have to wash by hand.

Should I just be happy that she loads the dishwasher, period and invest in some meds to relieve my OCD?

6 comments:

Heidi said...

Woohoo! I'm not crazy!

I wonder where the original control-freak gene originated in our family tree...

Little Thingies said...

Well, i guess you could just be satisfied knowing that she probably just flunked the most obvious IQ test. I have tonsillitis, someone shoot me.

Chixwknives, i sent out your invitation and you still haven't accepted it yet!

Heidi said...

Little Thingies, how'd you get tonsilitis?

I think I'm just going to try and be happy that my roommate loads the machine, period. I only have another 5 weeks or so of living with her, so I will keep my rage under wraps.

Chris said...

Dammit, C-Bron beat me to the drying rack comment. Oh well, she obviously doesn't have loading experience, and not everyone played Tetris in their youth.

She no doubt is being passive agressive about something you do. So do the girl roomates thing and wait til the others return to bitch behind each other's back.

Woot @ drama.

Little Thingies said...

I think I got it when my tonsils were infected by bacteria. That's just my guess.

Heidi said...

Smartass. I hope the infection goes to your brain and you develop some sort of infection that's a cross between mad cow's disease and strep throat.