Wednesday, March 29, 2006

The Strokes



I am off to see the Strokes tonight. Eagles of Death Metal are opening. I saw them 5 years ago on the Is This It tour. They played the Cat's Cradle in Carborro. Cave In opened (on a side note the Icarus Line were playing down the street that night and spray painted $UCKING DICK on their tour bus). The Strokes were completely wasted. During the last song Julian Casablanca whacks himself in the head with a Heineken bottle. The bottle did not break, but he was pretty dazed. I thought he was going to pass out. At that point, one eye was looking left and the other was looking right. For all of us Canucks, Narduar is in this picture. I love Narduar, he is the only annoying person I like if that makes any sense.

PS. For some reason every time I see the singer I think of my younger brother Irate J. Must be something to do with the bags under the eyes.

5 comments:

Heidi said...

"Irate J"? Haha, that's more original than the name I have for him, Mr. Grumpy.

Little Thingies is Mr. Furious and you're Mr....actually, I don't have a name for you. What do you want to be?

Single finger salute! said...

Thingies needs to be Danno! Like the character in Hawaii Five-O.

C-smooth always calls me K.O., the Salk dudes call me Damage. However, to be honest I prefer the name William or Ill Will.

Chris said...

Stop stealing rappers' names.

Little Thingies said...

Since you're in Del Mar now, you can be Ennis Del Mar.

It'll show you're from Del Mar, but it makes that cowboy reference to your hick roots on the plowed fields and mean icy streets of Alberta.

Heidi said...

Can we just shorten that to "Brokeback"?