Thursday, March 09, 2006

This is music ...

Things that I am listening to these days -

Integrity - Palm Sunday bootleg
I could go on and on about this band. They were the first to mix straightedge, Slayer type metal with WWF theatrics (i.e., pulling guns at shows, beating up kids, violence as sport ...). The lyrics are hard as nails. The usage of the word "motherfucker" is used to maximum potential. Kids today should listen to Integrity instead of shitty mall punk bands like Atreyu (those bands are the logical extension of 80's hair metal). Did I mention that Integrity was into the Church of Final Judgement? If I was christian I would go to this church. The lamb and goat have indeed fused.

Elliot Smith - All
Too bad his shitty shit shit asian girlfriend killed him. Another reason why asian girls are bat shit crazy. But seriously, I am still sad about his passing. Just listen to "I didn't understand" on XO. At the end of the song, you expect the song to end at the same place where it started, but instead it goes two octaves up. The octave change is unexpected and it makes the song that much more memorable.

Robbers on High Street - Tree City
Think of a college rock version of Billy Joel. Yes, the songwriting is that strong. They employ all the tools of the trade in writing catchy hooks. The lyrics are pretty good in terms of a musical device. Can't say I care much for the narrative though.

The Stooges - S/T and Raw Power
Iggy is the man. He injected heroin into his eye. Enough said.

Also, it is Floorpunch week. In honor of Floorpunch week I am going to put up a quote by Chris Zusi of Floorpunch - "People who are straight edge and don't call themselves straight edge are fucking gay. They are one step away from taking a dick up the ass."

3 comments:

Little Thingies said...

I know, start dropping links to this address in random places, like Friendster and MySpace (for those dirty old men) so people might be curious to drop by.

I should add a counter on here so we can see if we actually get any traffic.

Heidi said...

I'm not bat-shit crazy!

I have "Pitseleh" on repeat these days myself. What a great album!

Heidi said...

why are getting wasted on a wednesday night?