Monday, March 27, 2006

The weekend

I went to go see V is for Vendetta this weekend. I liked it, but thought it lacked subtlety. I wonder how it will do in the red states. Will they even get it?

Went to West Hollywood last night to the Vine bar. Nick Jago (who for some reason reminds me of Little Thingie) from BRMC was DJ'ing. Some dude grabbed my head as I was walking by. He felt bad when I turned around. He thought I was someone else and offered to buy me a drink. Later that night, he introduced me to the guy who he thought he was grabbing. His friend was a good looking guy! The guitar players from NIN were there. It was pretty good night- good music, good crowd, cool location - except that drinks were not cheap. They even played Spacemen 3!!!!

4 comments:

Little Thingies said...

That's a good point, much of the movie was right in your face.

And your head-grabbing incident sounds like a prelude to gay surfer dude action.

That reminds me, wasn't a website with that type of content? It was something along the lines of skaterboy.com or something. It ridiculed sk8ter boyz and put them in compromising, penetration positions.

"I'm not gay or anything, i just think it would freak him the fuck out!"

I have no idea what i'm saying. I'm so loaded up on drugs right now. I got sick twice in 1 week. First with the tonsillitus, now with the bronchitis. I'm gonna die.

Heidi said...

Anti-biotic induced drug haze? Awesome.

How good looking was the guy that you were mistaken for? Hunky? Dreamy?

Single finger salute! said...

He looked outright scummy.

Heidi said...

Scummy good looking?

Hmmm....that's interesting.