Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Breaking Up is Hard to Do

So I'm in a bit of a situation. I had orginally told my friend that I'd be roommates with him next year since we both wanted to cut down on costs (I really want cable tv and it'd be cheaper with two people).

But I've given it some thought and I think I might want to live by myself instead. I lived by myself for a bit before school and even now I live on the 3rd floor by myself with my own bathroom so it's almost like living by myself, and I've decided that I really like having my own space.

So is cable tv good enough of a reason to share a bathroom with another person? And how would I tell my friend that I don't want to live with him anymore? Does it make a difference that I'm just casual acquantices with him (my rational for choosing him as a roommate was that I knew him well enough that he wouldn't steal and hock my stuff, but not that well that if we had a falling out over living together, I wouldn't be losing a close friendship)?

3 comments:

Single finger salute! said...

What if you get a 2 BR 2BA place?

Heidi said...

I have yet to come across a place like that. I don't think they exist in Kingston. My friend lives in a house with 4 other people and they only have 1 1/2 bathrooms.

Chris said...

Telling someone you wanna live with them next year is pretty far from a commitment, he should understand.

I enjoy that the living space you're most concerned about sharing is the bathroom.